Monday, October 1, 2007

Bill of Rights ~ Amendment I

Hello everyone,

I will begin this blog by giving you the law that allows me to work as a photojournalist without fear of anything and anyone, as long as I follow the law.

Bill of Rights ~ Amendment I

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or PROHIBITING the free exercise thereof; OR ABRIDGING the FREEDOM of speech, or OF THE PRESS; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

In essence, the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression.

No comments: